Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Final Thoughts: Here's What I Learned

Image result for finale
As the semester comes to a close, I want to share a few things I have learned from my social studies methods class.


  1. Technology is a fantastic resource to use in a classroom and it is important to be comfortable using it.
  2. Test your limits and step outside your comfort zone.
  3. Work with other people.
  4. Take constructive criticism.
  5. Give constructive criticism.
  6. Social studies should be meaningful, value-based, integrative, challenging, and active.
  7. Current events projects are a great way to keep social studies relevant
This class was an eye-opening experience for me. Although it was overwhelming at times, I am walking away with a better understanding of social studies and the best ways to teach it, more confidence in my ability to use technology, and the confidence it takes to teach a whole class.

No comments:

Post a Comment