Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Designing an e-Portfolio

Image result for livebinders


          This semester, we were required to design an e-portfolio to compile all of our work throughout the course. Inside the e-portfolio, we were to include our philosophy on teaching social studies, our unit plans, and the first three tasks of the edTPA, among other things. This task proved to be more difficult than I expected.
          Although we had the majority of the work already done, it took a great deal of time to compile it all into this e-portfolio. The root of my struggle came from my unfamiliarity with the LiveBinder site. To a beginner, this site can be extremely confusing because it offers an abundance of options to customize the e-portfolio. However, once I became familiar with the site, I was able to use it to it's full potential.
          It is easy to see why this site is so useful. Looking back at my completed e-portfolio, I can see why it would be so attractive to a future employer. Everything looks clean and organized. It is easy to navigate through the use of clickable tabs. I am able to clutter it with resources and information, yet still have it look professional and organized. Even thought the experience was difficult and overwhelming at time, I am thankful that I was introduced to this useful resource and was allowed an opportunity to practice using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment