Friday, December 11, 2015

Course Reflection


      Image result for social studies    

          Upon completion of my social studies methods course, I can't help but look back at everything I have accomplished in this class throughout the semester. As I entered the course, I remember feeling scared and overwhelmed by the fact that the entire course would be online. I do not consider myself a tech savy person at all, so I knew that this aspect of the course would prove to be a challenge for me. However, as I progressed through the course, things got a little easier. I began to become familiar with many of the online resources we were required to use. This course forced me to develop my skills in using technology.  In my future classroom, I definitely want to utilize technology to enhance my lessons, and this course provided me with a great deal of resources I can use to do that. 

          Along with forcing me to become more comfortable with technology this course forced me to reflect more than I have in any other methods course. I was responsible for reflecting on my own teaching as well as on my peers. Learning to give and take constructive feedback are useful skills that will only further my learning. I enjoyed receiving feedback from my peers because I respect them all as future educators. I was eager to hear their suggestions for me. I wanted to use these suggestions to make me better. They offered a different perspective than I could provide for myself and a different perspective from that of my instructor. Their feedback was extremely useful throughout the semester and I thank them for it.

          Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my Social Studies lesson course. This course tested my limits and brought me outside my comfort zone. I believe that it has made me better prepared to enter the teaching field in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment