Monday, November 16, 2015

Inquiry Design Model

Image result for inquiry clipart
I enjoyed exploring the 3C Teachers website and the inquiry model they have designed. I thought the template was easy to follow and did a good job of specifying all of the necessary elements to create a good inquiry lesson. It is a great starting point for teachers as they design lessons.

I like the way the model builds up to the main question through the use of smaller less difficult questions. This is a great way to encourage students to think about the process they went through to get to their final answer. I also liked that for each supporting question, there were formative assessments and sources to go along with each one. Everything has a purpose and everything is guiding the student toward that final lesson takeaway, the compelling question.

I wish I had seen this model before I created my inquiry lesson for fieldwork. This would have been an extremely useful resource as I designed my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment